City of Memphis may buy vacant building for police headquarters
As an architecture buff, I'm glad I got to do this story. I set it up through the TN Department of General Services. Officials gave me an inside tour of the vacant 14-story Donnelley J. Hill building downtown. The state moved out last summer. Now, the City of Memphis is looking to buy it. MPD headquarters and other city offices would move in. It's pretty much move-in ready. However, there's quite a bit of deferred maintenance that needs to be addressed.. Including an $800,000 elevator upgrade. City administration will present its plan to the Memphis City Council.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Big Plans For Dead Mall
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/greenspoint-mall-redevelopment-demolition-citynorth/285-78857fc3-9f66-47b8-a378-722b18560806 Plans...
-
Police search for possible serial rapist I first visited the Mill Creek Apartments in Memphis in April following a rape and assault. Now, ...
-
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/shenandoah-officer-rescues-girl-mental-health-crisis-i-45-overpass/285-7e3fac37-5a6c-466f-8707-c52fb...
-
Tri-State Defender denied access to Trump rally in Millington Dozens of media outlets covered Donald Trump in Millington, TN last weekend. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment