Wednesday, March 31, 2021

When you shoot most of a story on your iPhone

https://www.khou.com/article/news/education/galveston-isd-covid-19-vaccinations/285-42c93061-e459-43f8-8260-4e418a878443 

COVID protocols have kept me out of our newsroom for more than a year now.  I generally meet up with photographers at a location rather than meeting at the station first.  In this case, I needed to get down to Galveston Island ASAP in order to get video of teachers and others getting COVID vaccinations on campuses for the first time.  The issue was that a photog had yet to be assigned.  So I hit the road and ended up shooting most of what you see in this story with my iPhone.  I used a lavalier microphone plugged into the phone in order to get interviews.  The photog later shot my in and out (where you see me) and edited the piece.  I think it turned out well and is an example of the way technology can help tell stories these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside a NASA habitat meant to mimic Mars

https://www.khou.com/article/tech/science/space/nasa-mars-habitat-test/285-2b700b9f-dbb7-4f54-82c5-8ca72924dd14   It's always fun to get...