Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Day Fire Claims Family's Home

Fire crews respond to large house fire in Midtown - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

We saw the smoke from this fire long before we arrived on the scene.  I hated that a home was going up in flames on Christmas Day.  Fortunately, the family of 4 and their 4 pets made it out alive.  The homeowner, who was still in shock, agreed to speak with us about the fire.  I later learned the blaze was sparked by an unattended candle.  And the home had no working smoke detectors.  Their Christmas tragedy may be a lesson for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment