Friday, March 12, 2021

Jobless claims dip as vaccinations and re-openings rise

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/jobless-claims-down-vaccines-reopenings-ramp-up/285-11ce4ab3-6693-4592-8737-d328225006c1 

I sort of became the unemployment reporter back when COVID really took hold of the economy.  I've since become my station's education-focused reporter.  But this story provided an opportunity to revisit jobless issues thanks to the latest US Department of Labor report showing claims reaching a four-month low.  My photographer and I hit up a local unemployment office and found a man still struggling to find work.. And found another man at a business next door who'd landed on his feet.  His boss also explained how she's hiring.  I also interviewed a suburban school district about jobs it's hoping to fill.  Education is among the sectors seeing job growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside a NASA habitat meant to mimic Mars

https://www.khou.com/article/tech/science/space/nasa-mars-habitat-test/285-2b700b9f-dbb7-4f54-82c5-8ca72924dd14   It's always fun to get...