Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Houston Police officer shot and killed on his way to work

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/houston-police-officer-shot-and-killed-leaves-behind-4-children/285-e1bb367c-bf96-4d04-8847-86b269a32bfd 

I was already at work on a school-related story (my primary beat these days) when we got word of breaking news on the north side of Houston.  A police officer was possibly shot and killed.  I immediately jumped in the car and went to the scene.  Three of our photographers met me there.  I quickly assessed that the officer, a 25 year HPD veteran, was killed while on his way to work.  The circumstances of what may have led to the deadly encounter along the North Freeway remains under investigation.  But Sgt. Sean Rios was not in uniform and was driving his personal vehicle.  The attached live shot is from KHOU 11 News at 6:00.  Editors put the video and sound together back at the station and I ad-libbed my script since a press conference wrapped up just minutes before.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside a NASA habitat meant to mimic Mars

https://www.khou.com/article/tech/science/space/nasa-mars-habitat-test/285-2b700b9f-dbb7-4f54-82c5-8ca72924dd14   It's always fun to get...