Friday, August 28, 2015

New Plans For Old Medical District Eyesore

New plans for old medical district eyesore

Anyone who's lived in Memphis a while knows the building at Madison & Pauline.  It looms over the medical district like a big blighted behemoth.  Previous plans for redevelopment have fallen through.  But I learned UTHSC (the adjacent medical school) won approval to proceed with a plan to redevelop the site.  I got started on this story, as usual, after 5:00.  Fortunately, I ran into some women who walk past the building daily.  They welcomed news of redevelopment.  I also caught up with the Downtown Memphis Commission president for his perspective.  Naturally, I get excited about any building-related story.  Check out my Instagram account for more about that: jason_miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside a NASA habitat meant to mimic Mars

https://www.khou.com/article/tech/science/space/nasa-mars-habitat-test/285-2b700b9f-dbb7-4f54-82c5-8ca72924dd14   It's always fun to get...