Bass Pro Shops gets ready for May grand opening
I first covered talk of Bass Pro taking over the then-empty Pyramid arena a decade ago.. in 2005. There have been doubts, delays, and general skepticism ever since. But the company announced this week that May 1 will be a definitive opening date. I was able to snag an interview with the newly named store manager who said he's confident the mega-store will open on schedule (even if not fully completed). This really is an amazing transformation. The Pyramid is reportedly the only former sports arena to be adaptively re-used into anything other than a church. Lets also hope it helps revitalize the adjacent Pinch District. Sadly, some of the business owners I interviewed in 2005 are no longer in business.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Big Plans For Dead Mall
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/greenspoint-mall-redevelopment-demolition-citynorth/285-78857fc3-9f66-47b8-a378-722b18560806 Plans...
-
Police search for possible serial rapist I first visited the Mill Creek Apartments in Memphis in April following a rape and assault. Now, ...
-
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/shenandoah-officer-rescues-girl-mental-health-crisis-i-45-overpass/285-7e3fac37-5a6c-466f-8707-c52fb...
-
Tri-State Defender denied access to Trump rally in Millington Dozens of media outlets covered Donald Trump in Millington, TN last weekend. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment