Friday, January 9, 2015

Emotions Run High On Murder Scene

Man shot to death in SE Memphis - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

We were dispatched to this murder scene only knowing a man was shot dead.  I did a quick hit for the 4:00 news with very limited information.  I was able to interview a neighbor or two for the 5:00.  Family members arrived during this time and it was so sad witnessing their reaction.  It's something I've seen dozens, if not hundreds, of times in Memphis.  I still cannot imagine the grief.  I included the emotion in my 6:00 story (seen here).  I often feel this can be exploitative.. But it's difficult to ignore the impact it may have on viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside a NASA habitat meant to mimic Mars

https://www.khou.com/article/tech/science/space/nasa-mars-habitat-test/285-2b700b9f-dbb7-4f54-82c5-8ca72924dd14   It's always fun to get...