This is a story that I was particularly interested in given my love of architecture and history. It concerns the fate of the 1949 Granada Theater in the Eastex-Jensen neighborhood of North Houston. The long-vacant building sits on a larger site that's set to become a large-scale Catholic Charities family service center. The organization claims that saving the theater is not feasible. But that isn't stopping community members and others who held a protest the day I turned this story. I used the event as a backdrop for my live shot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Big Plans For Dead Mall
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/greenspoint-mall-redevelopment-demolition-citynorth/285-78857fc3-9f66-47b8-a378-722b18560806 Plans...
-
Police search for possible serial rapist I first visited the Mill Creek Apartments in Memphis in April following a rape and assault. Now, ...
-
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/shenandoah-officer-rescues-girl-mental-health-crisis-i-45-overpass/285-7e3fac37-5a6c-466f-8707-c52fb...
-
Tri-State Defender denied access to Trump rally in Millington Dozens of media outlets covered Donald Trump in Millington, TN last weekend. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment