Judge D'Army Bailey has passed away
We were minutes from the 5:00 newscast on Sunday when we got word that Judge D'Army Bailey died. We included details as breaking news and then put together a plan for 10:00 coverage. I did a retrospective of his life.. Including information about his childhood, civic service, and work in civil rights. Bailey was a founder of the National Civil Rights Museum. That may be his most lasting legacy. I knew Judge Bailey very well and often called upon him for his insight on a variety of topics. I recall watching a 2013 KKK rally with him near the steps of the old courthouse, which stands on what was honorarily named "D'Army Bailey Avenue."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Big Plans For Dead Mall
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/greenspoint-mall-redevelopment-demolition-citynorth/285-78857fc3-9f66-47b8-a378-722b18560806 Plans...
-
Police search for possible serial rapist I first visited the Mill Creek Apartments in Memphis in April following a rape and assault. Now, ...
-
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/shenandoah-officer-rescues-girl-mental-health-crisis-i-45-overpass/285-7e3fac37-5a6c-466f-8707-c52fb...
-
Tri-State Defender denied access to Trump rally in Millington Dozens of media outlets covered Donald Trump in Millington, TN last weekend. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment