Thursday, December 25, 2014

Neighborhood Delivers Christmas Cheer To MPD, MFD

Residents give back to public servants for the holidays - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

I thought this was a lame story when the producer pitched it.  It's light, for sure.  But I'm glad I got to do it. I believe it illustrates the Christmas spirit well.  I didn't realize, at the time, that the Cooper Young community had been preparing holiday gifts for the Memphis Police Department and Memphis Fire Department for two decades.  I'm sure the hard-working officers and firefighters appreciate it, every year.  I am also convinced that it's a tradition many of the volunteers cherish as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside a NASA habitat meant to mimic Mars

https://www.khou.com/article/tech/science/space/nasa-mars-habitat-test/285-2b700b9f-dbb7-4f54-82c5-8ca72924dd14   It's always fun to get...