Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Former Midtown Restaurant Owner Dies In Fire

Memphis restaurant owner died in house fire

I was dispatched to Lakeland, TN hours after fire ripped through a house in the Davies Plantation subdivision.  It was still a very active scene.  We confirmed a 66 year-old man died in the fire.  Naturally, I wanted to learn more about the victim.  I did a property search on-line and found the homeowner was Jerry Stamson.  The last name rang a bell as the same name as a former Juvenile Court Clerk.  So I called Steve Stamson.  He told me Jerry was his brother.  Information from Steve really helped personalize this story.  Steve also revealed that Jerry had owned the landmark Barksdale Restaurant in Midtown for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside a NASA habitat meant to mimic Mars

https://www.khou.com/article/tech/science/space/nasa-mars-habitat-test/285-2b700b9f-dbb7-4f54-82c5-8ca72924dd14   It's always fun to get...