Free meals for hundreds of Memphis children suspended after shutdown
The government shutdown immediately sent newsrooms across the country searching for local angles. We covered a number here in Memphis. The Boys & Girls Club counts on a federally funded meal program. It was suspended thanks to the shutdown. I was actually working on another story when we got word of this. I thought it was worth more than a mere mention. Fortunately, the club was more than willing to help relay the challenge congressional inaction was causing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Big Plans For Dead Mall
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/greenspoint-mall-redevelopment-demolition-citynorth/285-78857fc3-9f66-47b8-a378-722b18560806 Plans...
-
Police search for possible serial rapist I first visited the Mill Creek Apartments in Memphis in April following a rape and assault. Now, ...
-
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/shenandoah-officer-rescues-girl-mental-health-crisis-i-45-overpass/285-7e3fac37-5a6c-466f-8707-c52fb...
-
Tri-State Defender denied access to Trump rally in Millington Dozens of media outlets covered Donald Trump in Millington, TN last weekend. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment