Friday, June 14, 2013

How One Comment Becomes a Lead Story

Possible changes to solid waste in Memphis
I was assigned to cover what was sure to be a boring meeting at city hall regarding sanitation.  But the focus became clear thanks to a comment by the public works director.  He said the city wanted to eliminate weekly trash pick-up.  Say what?  I envisioned the public outcry that would likely follow once I put it out there.  I even included reactionary tweets in my story.  For the record, the city wants to collect quarterly while offering drop-off locations.  You'd have to pay more for more frequent pick-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside a NASA habitat meant to mimic Mars

https://www.khou.com/article/tech/science/space/nasa-mars-habitat-test/285-2b700b9f-dbb7-4f54-82c5-8ca72924dd14   It's always fun to get...