Progress continues in plans to renovate Mud Island River Park
I love Mud Island River Park just the way it is. Completed in 1982, the park features a scale-model replica of the Mississippi River, river museum, and amphitheater. But its monorail may be the park's most recognizable feature. It's a gondola-style monorail and set the scene for a famous chase in "The Firm." Right now, the Riverfront Development Corporation is looking for a company that can take over management of the park. One of two finalists for the job would scrap the monorail and turn the pedestrian bridge above it into a High Line (NYC) style walkway. We'll see how it all comes together. But I think scrapping the monorail is a mistake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Big Plans For Dead Mall
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/greenspoint-mall-redevelopment-demolition-citynorth/285-78857fc3-9f66-47b8-a378-722b18560806 Plans...
-
Police search for possible serial rapist I first visited the Mill Creek Apartments in Memphis in April following a rape and assault. Now, ...
-
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/shenandoah-officer-rescues-girl-mental-health-crisis-i-45-overpass/285-7e3fac37-5a6c-466f-8707-c52fb...
-
Tri-State Defender denied access to Trump rally in Millington Dozens of media outlets covered Donald Trump in Millington, TN last weekend. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment