Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Midtown Man Thwarts Robbery With Karate

Robber has tables turned when victim has karate black belt

This story came courtesy of my colleague, Kontji Anthony.  She said the guy who makes sandwiches at Kwik Chek had a big injury on his temple.  He told her he was robbed at gunpoint after work near the popular Overton Square entertainment district.  I asked her to call and see if he'd talk about it.  He agreed to meet me.  Turns out, he thwarted the robbery with his Karate moves.  I got him to demonstrate exactly what he did on me.. Without causing me serious injury, of course.  He had yet to file a police report when we spoke.  But an MPD officer happened to pull up after our interview and he did so.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside a NASA habitat meant to mimic Mars

https://www.khou.com/article/tech/science/space/nasa-mars-habitat-test/285-2b700b9f-dbb7-4f54-82c5-8ca72924dd14   It's always fun to get...