Governors want to keep refugees out
I did stories for the 6:00 and 10:00 concerning the emerging debate over the resettlement of Syrian refugees in America. The governors of AR, MS, and TN (our coverage area) were among those requesting the placements here be halted after connections were made between the Paris attacks and Syria. I had no problem finding political opposition to the effort to stop resettlement. But finding a local Syrian immigrant took a lot of phone calls, texts, and emails. I finally found a man who came to the U.S. from Syria in 1992. He now works as a pharmaceutical researcher and professor at UTHSC. He said refugees are fleeing terror, not bringing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Big Plans For Dead Mall
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/greenspoint-mall-redevelopment-demolition-citynorth/285-78857fc3-9f66-47b8-a378-722b18560806 Plans...
-
Police search for possible serial rapist I first visited the Mill Creek Apartments in Memphis in April following a rape and assault. Now, ...
-
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/shenandoah-officer-rescues-girl-mental-health-crisis-i-45-overpass/285-7e3fac37-5a6c-466f-8707-c52fb...
-
Tri-State Defender denied access to Trump rally in Millington Dozens of media outlets covered Donald Trump in Millington, TN last weekend. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment