Chamber packed as council discusses health care cuts for city employees
The pressure of perturbed employees finally got to the Memphis City Council. It voted to "adjust" benefit cuts that were passed in June. No one would admit they "caved" or gave in.. But, clearly, it was somewhat of a reversal. I went down to the 3:30 full meeting in order to turn a story at 5:00 on one proposal aimed at helping employees. Turns out, three proposals came up and I ended up in both the 5:00 and 6:00 newscasts. At the same time, a class action lawsuit over the cuts was filed. This clip is from the 10:00 news. I encompassed everything from the busy day downtown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Big Plans For Dead Mall
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/greenspoint-mall-redevelopment-demolition-citynorth/285-78857fc3-9f66-47b8-a378-722b18560806 Plans...
-
Police search for possible serial rapist I first visited the Mill Creek Apartments in Memphis in April following a rape and assault. Now, ...
-
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/shenandoah-officer-rescues-girl-mental-health-crisis-i-45-overpass/285-7e3fac37-5a6c-466f-8707-c52fb...
-
Tri-State Defender denied access to Trump rally in Millington Dozens of media outlets covered Donald Trump in Millington, TN last weekend. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment