Sunday, September 7, 2014

Bleach, Cleaning Supplies May Have Sparked Fire

Cleaning products may have caused apartment fire

This apartment fire was about the third thing we checked out on what was turning out to be a slow Friday.  I did a quick hit for the 5:00 news just minutes after arriving.  But then I discovered, through interviews with the tenant and fire lieutenant, that cleaning supplies may have started the fire.  I immediately thought this could be a bigger story for 10:00.  Having good chopper video and emotional sound certainly didn't hurt.  I wanted to do my live shot from the 3rd floor kitchen at the station.. But my photog was sent on breaking news.  I ended up grabbing some cleaning stuff to hold up during my live shot in the newsroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment