Downtown Christopher Columbus Statue May Be On The Move
This was another "un-Jason" type story I got to do on July 4th. It concerns the possible relocation of the Christopher Columbus statue from downtown to East Memphis. An Italian-American organization is behind it. Fortunately, I had no trouble tracking them or a city councilman down on the holiday. This park change comes as the city council prepares to permanently re-name 3 Confederate-themed parks.. An issue that sparked a recent KKK protest in Memphis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Big Plans For Dead Mall
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/greenspoint-mall-redevelopment-demolition-citynorth/285-78857fc3-9f66-47b8-a378-722b18560806 Plans...
-
Police search for possible serial rapist I first visited the Mill Creek Apartments in Memphis in April following a rape and assault. Now, ...
-
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/shenandoah-officer-rescues-girl-mental-health-crisis-i-45-overpass/285-7e3fac37-5a6c-466f-8707-c52fb...
-
Tri-State Defender denied access to Trump rally in Millington Dozens of media outlets covered Donald Trump in Millington, TN last weekend. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment