Tuesday, April 19, 2016

MPD Officer Accused Of Sex Assault Outside Club

MPD officer relieved of duty, accused of sexual assault

This story was generated by a tip to our assignment editor.  He said something would be coming down regarding a Memphis police officer and a sex investigation.  We still had not heard late in the afternoon.  But then he and I got texts from inside MPD.  I had just gotten done with the 4:00 newscast.  My photographer and I drove downtown to do a live shot for 6:00.  Basically, a woman claimed an officer assaulted her after she left a nightclub.  I convinced the GM of the club to do a quick interview.  Otherwise, there's wasn't much to go on except for limited details from the police department.  I turned this longer piece for 10:00.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside a NASA habitat meant to mimic Mars

https://www.khou.com/article/tech/science/space/nasa-mars-habitat-test/285-2b700b9f-dbb7-4f54-82c5-8ca72924dd14   It's always fun to get...