Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Anita 'Ring My Bell' Ward On Life After One Big Hit

Anita 'Ring My Bell' Ward talks about life after one big hit

People who know me well know my dream as a child was to be the next Casey Kasem.  I love popular music, including disco.  I also like the stories behind the hits.  I saw a blurb in the newspaper about Anita Ward (regarding her participation in a new documentary) and set out to find her myself.  Her hit, "Ring My Bell," topped a dozen charts in 1979.  Turns out, she now works at a Memphis JCPenney.  She still performs as well.  She welcomed us into her home to talk about hitting it big, but never again.  Ward embraces her "one hit wonder" status and was a very nice, down-to-earth lady.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside a NASA habitat meant to mimic Mars

https://www.khou.com/article/tech/science/space/nasa-mars-habitat-test/285-2b700b9f-dbb7-4f54-82c5-8ca72924dd14   It's always fun to get...