Anita 'Ring My Bell' Ward talks about life after one big hit
People who know me well know my dream as a child was to be the next Casey Kasem. I love popular music, including disco. I also like the stories behind the hits. I saw a blurb in the newspaper about Anita Ward (regarding her participation in a new documentary) and set out to find her myself. Her hit, "Ring My Bell," topped a dozen charts in 1979. Turns out, she now works at a Memphis JCPenney. She still performs as well. She welcomed us into her home to talk about hitting it big, but never again. Ward embraces her "one hit wonder" status and was a very nice, down-to-earth lady.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Big Plans For Dead Mall
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/greenspoint-mall-redevelopment-demolition-citynorth/285-78857fc3-9f66-47b8-a378-722b18560806 Plans...
-
Police search for possible serial rapist I first visited the Mill Creek Apartments in Memphis in April following a rape and assault. Now, ...
-
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/shenandoah-officer-rescues-girl-mental-health-crisis-i-45-overpass/285-7e3fac37-5a6c-466f-8707-c52fb...
-
Tri-State Defender denied access to Trump rally in Millington Dozens of media outlets covered Donald Trump in Millington, TN last weekend. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment