Memphis' youth voices concerns for community
The Memphis mayor's office organized a series of "youth empowerment forums" following a series of violent incidents.. Including the mob attack on innocent people outside a Kroger store. We were there to cover the event. However, all adults were asked to leave before it really began. That included the media. Of course, I asked the man in charge (a mayor's office appointee) if he'd be leaving too. I didn't stick around to see if he did. I do get the point. It allowed young people to openly discuss things without feeling as if they needed to edit themselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Big Plans For Dead Mall
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/greenspoint-mall-redevelopment-demolition-citynorth/285-78857fc3-9f66-47b8-a378-722b18560806 Plans...
-
Police search for possible serial rapist I first visited the Mill Creek Apartments in Memphis in April following a rape and assault. Now, ...
-
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/shenandoah-officer-rescues-girl-mental-health-crisis-i-45-overpass/285-7e3fac37-5a6c-466f-8707-c52fb...
-
Tri-State Defender denied access to Trump rally in Millington Dozens of media outlets covered Donald Trump in Millington, TN last weekend. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment