FedEx truck involved in fatal accident near Senatobia - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee
It's become alarmingly easy for me over the years to avoid emotion while covering tragic stories. I believe it is a necessity when you cover so many. The first day of sweeps this November brought one such story. I was covering an MPD officer's arrest on drug charges when we got word that a FedEx truck rear-ended a Saturn on Highway 51 in Senatobia, MS. I was dispatched to The MED (hospital) after my hit on Action News 5 at 4:00. I waited..and waited..with hopes of finding a family member of two young sisters killed in the crash. These assignments are never easy. I eventually met an uncle of the girls and he took my card back into the hospital. Two cousins later emerged, did interviews, and provided photos of the two girls -- ages 2 and 6. We were the first station to air the photos. It was a victory for us..but bittersweet considering the circumstances.
Friday, October 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Big Plans For Dead Mall
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/greenspoint-mall-redevelopment-demolition-citynorth/285-78857fc3-9f66-47b8-a378-722b18560806 Plans...
-
Police search for possible serial rapist I first visited the Mill Creek Apartments in Memphis in April following a rape and assault. Now, ...
-
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/shenandoah-officer-rescues-girl-mental-health-crisis-i-45-overpass/285-7e3fac37-5a6c-466f-8707-c52fb...
-
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/granada-theater-jensen-drive-being-demolished-food-pantry/285-c2a1b91e-b555-4851-8480-03595fcb511c T...
No comments:
Post a Comment