Tuesday, September 18, 2018
New home's flood-tolerant features include water-storing driveway
https://www.khou.com/video/news/local/home-designed-to-prevent-flooding/285-8251987
I've done countless follow up stories in the wake of Hurricane Harvey's historic flood. Those have included stories about new post-flood construction. In this case, I noticed a new home advertised in a hard-hit area includes an interesting driveway that's capable of temporarily holding a bunch of water underneath it. It's simply a new measure meant to ease the burden on storm drains and bayous in a heavy rain event. As you might imagine, the home's builders were more than happy to show it off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Big Plans For Dead Mall
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/greenspoint-mall-redevelopment-demolition-citynorth/285-78857fc3-9f66-47b8-a378-722b18560806 Plans...
-
Police search for possible serial rapist I first visited the Mill Creek Apartments in Memphis in April following a rape and assault. Now, ...
-
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/shenandoah-officer-rescues-girl-mental-health-crisis-i-45-overpass/285-7e3fac37-5a6c-466f-8707-c52fb...
-
Tri-State Defender denied access to Trump rally in Millington Dozens of media outlets covered Donald Trump in Millington, TN last weekend. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment